Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the Local Rules?
- Local Rules are the rules framed by DNH Administration under the powers
given by various statutory instruments. Some of the frequently used rules
are given below:
1. DNH Factories Rules, 1972
2. Contract Labour (Regulations & Abolition) DNH Rules, 1977
3. Minimum Wages DNH Rules 19__
4. DNH Development & Contract Rules,
Like open contents, we invite our viewers to help us to update the list.
2. Why DNH is preferred place for Industries?
DNH is preferred place for Industries. Some of the unique features are:
1. Preferred location because of close proximity to Mumbai, Surat &
2. Close availability & approachability of the decision making officials in
3. Cheaper land price.
4. Industry friendly local population.
5. Availability of quality & electricity at remarkably low rate.
6. Mature & responsible political leadership.
7. Availability of managerial staff & skilled manpower.
8. Quality housing education & medical facility to the staff.
9. Close proximity to rail line( Vapi railway station just 16 km ahead)
Association is taking up with the government for financial incentives.
11. Close to truck market of Vapi.
3. Why SIA is the First Friend of UT in the industry?
SIA is the first friend of the Industry in the union territory because:
1. It is only association for the Industry, of the Industry, by the
2. It works on collective strength in democratic manner and with
3. It is resourceful in addressing major problems, issues, and concerns of
4. What are the Important Websites for an Industry?
D & NH Official Website www.dnh.gov.in
National Informatics Centre www.nic.in
Daman Official Website www.daman.gov.in
Diu Official Website www.diu.gov.in
Silvassa Municipal Council www.smcdnh.nic.in
Department of VAT www.dnhctd.gov.in
Vinoba Bhave Civil Hospital www.vbch.dnh.nic.in
Hotel Management www.ihmsilvassa.nic.in
National Portal of India www.india.gov.in
Tourism Department, DNH www.dnh.nic.in/Tourism
Tourism Department, Daman
5. Which are prominent spare parts & hardware suppliers in UT?
a. SHREE YOGI ENGINEERING
b. M S ENGINEERING WORKS
c. OMKAR ELECTRICALS
d. NIJAY ENGINEERING WORKS
e. M.S. ENGINEERING WORKS
f. KRISHNA HARDWARE & ELECTRICALS
g. SHREEJI MACHINERY & HARDWARE STORE
h. NEW SHREENATH PLYWOOD & HARDWAE STORE
i. JAY SHREE KRISHNA ELECTRICAL & HARDWARES
j. BHARAT HARDWARE & ELECTRIC
k. POOJA PLYWOOD & HARDWARE
l. HARI OM HARDWARE & PIPE TRADERS
m. JAY SHREE RAM ELECTRICAL & HARDWARE
n. MANGAL DEEP HARDWARE STORES
o. RAJKOT MACHINERY & HARDWARE STORE
p. SHREE LAXMI TRADERS
q. SHRI SAI TRADERS
r. SOURABH HARDWARE STORES
6. Which are software developers in the UT?
a. Right Click Infotech
b. Nano Computers
c. Fabulous Infotech
d. Tekno Hub Computers
e. Icon Digital
7. Who are prominent consultances?
a. Total HR
b. Harsh Placement Services
c. mits placement
d. Eficaz Consultancy
e. Om Placement Consultancy
f. Priya Placement Services
8. Who is the president of Bar Association?
9. What are the essential contact numbers of the UT?
1. Airlines Booking Counter 2632299
2. Circuit House, Silvassa 2642826
3. Cooking Gas Amrat Gas 2641180
4. Electricity (Power House) 2642837
5. Fire Service 2643022
a. Dy. Inspector General 2642766
b. Chief of Police 2642002
c. Control Room 2642130
d. Police Station- Silvassa 2642033
7. Post Office, Silvassa 2640950
8. Railway Reservation Counter 2632230
9. Railway Enquiry
a. Vapi Station 2430131
b. Valsad 02632-244117
10. S.T. Bus Stand
a. Silvassa 2642830
b. Vapi Station 2465731
c. Valsad 02632-244161
a. Customer Service Centre 2641000
b. Telephone Exchange Silvassa 2642000
c. Naroli 2647600